[csw-users] Missing /etc/init.d/cswapache2 file

Cory Omand comand at blastwave.org
Sun Mar 4 06:47:37 CET 2007

On 3/3/07, Cory Omand <comand at blastwave.org> wrote:
> On 3/3/07, Paul N. Youngblood <youngbp at email.uah.edu> wrote:
> > I seem to be missing a small text file that is supposed
> > to be part of the apache2 package.  I'm running
> > Solaris 9 (sparc).  The "pkg-add -i apache2" commandO
> > seemed to work just fine, and the apache2 server works
> > without problems.
> >
> > The missing file is "/etc/init.d/cswapache2".  I assume
> > it is a small text file.  Would someone send it to me
> > via e-mail or suggest a way for me to obtain it, please?
>
> Hi Paul,
>
> If you're running Solaris 10, cswapache2 won't be installed, and you
> can use svcadm to manage the cswapache2 service.

Apologies -- just re-read your message, and saw that you're actually
running Solaris 9.  There is no reason why cswapache2 wouldn't be
there... I verified that it's part of the package, as installed on our
build servers:

bash$ pkginfo -x CSWapache2 CSWapache2c
CSWapache2            apache2 - Apache 2.2 web server
                      (all) 2.2.4,REV=2007.02.19
CSWapache2c           apache2c - Apache 2.2 web server (core)
                      (sparc) 2.2.4,REV=2007.02.19
bash$
bash$ pkgchk -l -p /etc/init.d/cswapache2
Pathname: /etc/init.d/cswapache2
Type: editted file
Expected mode: 0755
Expected owner: root