[csw-users] Missing /etc/init.d/cswapache2 file

Paul N. Youngblood youngbp at email.uah.edu
Thu Mar 8 22:28:13 CET 2007

> It appears that you have somehow confused your system's package
> database.  This can be (very carefully, as root) corrected by hand, by
> first removing all of the apache2 packages.  Then, remove lines which
> refer to cswapache2 (as well as any CSWapache2*/CSWap2* packages) from
> /var/sadm/install/contents.  Finally, ensure that no
> CSWapache2*/CSWap2* directories remain in /var/sadm/pkg.  Once that's
> all done, you should be able to re-add the packages.  I'm not sure how

Cory, I'm still unable to get the apache2c install to create
the "/etc/init.d/cswapache2" file, and I've tried more than once
using the procedure you were kind enough to provide.  I removed all
of the CSWapache2* and CSWap2* packages using pkgrm, and checked the
/var/sadm/install/contents file -- there were no references left
to any CSWapache2* or CSWap2* packages.  I edited the file anyway
and removed the two comment lines at the bottom which referenced
the CSWapache2c package.  Also, got rid of any CSWapache2* and
CSWap2* dirs in /var/sadm/pkg, and removed the /etc/initd.cswapache2
file (the bogus one that must be in place to successfully do the
"pkgrm CSWapache2c" command) and all symbolic links to it in the
/etc/rc*.d directories.  Then I did a fresh install of CSWapache2rt
followed by CSWapache2c.  The result appeared to be the same as before.

Should I have rebooted the system immediately prior to re-installation?
Maybe there is a memory buffer somewhere that confuses the installation.

Is it possible that some other package catalog/repository file (either
blastwave or solaris) exists with incorrect information in it?

Should I try removing even more of the blastwave packages next time
(like CSWcommon) in order to start with a "cleaner" slate?

I noticed that when I do a "pkg-get install CSWapache" and compare its
output to that of the CSWapache2c install (see below),  the CSWapache
install seems to indicate the creation of a /etc/init.d/cswapache file
and its links immediately after the "## Installing part 1 of 1." line.
But the CSWapache2c install shows no reference to the cswapache2 file
until after the line "[ verifying class <none> ]", and even then only
mentions the links themselves, not the file.

First, this is from the cswapache install:

bsh# pkg-get install apache
No existing install of CSWapache found. Installing...
...   ...   ...
## Processing package information.
## Processing system information.
    4 package pathnames are already properly installed.

Installing apache - apache webserver with mod_ssl included as <CSWapache>

## Installing part 1 of 1.                         <-----<<<
/etc/init.d/cswapache                              <-----<<<
/etc/rc0.d/K16cswapache <symbolic link>            <-----<<<
/etc/rc1.d/K16cswapache <symbolic link>
/etc/rc2.d/K16cswapache <symbolic link>
/etc/rc3.d/S50cswapache <symbolic link>
/etc/rcS.d/K16cswapache <symbolic link>
/opt/csw/apache/bin/ab
/opt/csw/apache/bin/apachectl
/opt/csw/apache/bin/apxs

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
This is from the cswapache2c install:
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

bsh# pkg-get install apache2c
No existing install of CSWapache2c found. Installing...
...   ...   ...
## Executing checkinstall script.
## Processing package information.
## Processing system information.
    15 package pathnames are already properly installed.

Installing apache2c - Apache 2.2 web server (core) as <CSWapache2c>

## Installing part 1 of 1.
/opt/csw/apache2/etc/extra/httpd-autoindex.conf.CSW
/opt/csw/apache2/etc/extra/httpd-dav.conf.CSW
/opt/csw/apache2/etc/extra/httpd-default.conf.CSW
/opt/csw/apache2/etc/extra/httpd-info.conf.CSW
/opt/csw/apache2/etc/extra/httpd-languages.conf.CSW
/opt/csw/apache2/etc/extra/httpd-mpm.conf.CSW
/opt/csw/apache2/etc/extra/httpd-multilang-errordoc.conf.CSW
...   ...   ...
/opt/csw/apache2/share/icons/world1.png
/opt/csw/apache2/share/icons/world2.gif
/opt/csw/apache2/share/icons/world2.png
[ verifying class <none> ]                      <-----<<<
/etc/rc0.d/K16cswapache2 <symbolic link>        <-----<<<
/etc/rc1.d/K16cswapache2 <symbolic link>
/etc/rc2.d/K16cswapache2 <symbolic link>
/etc/rc3.d/S50cswapache2 <symbolic link>
/etc/rcS.d/K16cswapache2 <symbolic link>
[ verifying class <init> ]
ERROR: attribute verification of </etc/init.d/cswapache2> failed
     pathname does not exist

Paul Youngblood