[csw-users] non-blastwave perl modules?

Cory Omand comand at blastwave.org
Thu Mar 15 23:32:55 CET 2007

On 3/15/07, Thomas L Baca <Thomas.Baca at nau.edu> wrote:
> How dangerous is it to mix non-blastwave-packaged perl modules into a
> blastwave Perl installation?
>
> I am relatively new to blastwave's perl packages, having rolled my own
> installations over the years and having maintained them with the cpan
> module in recent years.
>
> I like the convenience of blastwave packages, but I'm not sure to what
> extent that locks me into only those modules that are available as
> packages.

The only thing that you'll be locked into at the moment is the need to
use the same compiler as Perl itself was compiled with -- Sun Studio
11.  Other than that, you should be able to use CPAN/CPANPLUS (coming
soon) to add any additional modules.  Of course, if you're doing a lot
of clean installs, you would need to package your locally built
modules yourself... so making a package request, as was separately
requested, is probably better.

- C.