[csw-users] subversion client package

Mark McCoy realmcking at gmail.com
Thu May 3 15:39:03 CEST 2007

I found a build script online that I used that builds a static svn,
svnserve, svnlook, svnadmin, svnsync, etc..  The client supports connecting
to an http/https svn server as well as svn: and ssh+svn: protocols.  If
anyone is interested in the build script(s), let me know.

% ldd svn
        libsendfile.so.1 =>      /lib/libsendfile.so.1
        libm.so.2 =>     /lib/libm.so.2
        libresolv.so.2 =>        /lib/libresolv.so.2
        libpthread.so.1 =>       /lib/libpthread.so.1
        librt.so.1 =>    /lib/librt.so.1
        libnsl.so.1 =>   /lib/libnsl.so.1
        libsocket.so.1 =>        /lib/libsocket.so.1
        libc.so.1 =>     /lib/libc.so.1
        libaio.so.1 =>   /lib/libaio.so.1
        libmd5.so.1 =>   /lib/libmd5.so.1
        libmp.so.2 =>    /lib/libmp.so.2
        libscf.so.1 =>   /lib/libscf.so.1
        libdoor.so.1 =>  /lib/libdoor.so.1
        libuutil.so.1 =>         /lib/libuutil.so.1
        /platform/SUNW,Sun-Blade-1500/lib/libc_psr.so.1
        /platform/SUNW,Sun-Blade-1500/lib/libmd5_psr.so.1

% ./svn --version
svn, version 1.4.3 (r23084)
   compiled Apr 18 2007, 14:36:09

Copyright (C) 2000-2006 CollabNet.
Subversion is open source software, see http://subversion.tigris.org/
This product includes software developed by CollabNet (
http://www.Collab.Net/).

The following repository access (RA) modules are available:

* ra_dav : Module for accessing a repository via WebDAV (DeltaV) protocol.
  - handles 'http' scheme
  - handles 'https' scheme
* ra_svn : Module for accessing a repository using the svn network protocol.
  - handles 'svn' scheme
* ra_local : Module for accessing a repository on local disk.
  - handles 'file' scheme

On 4/18/07, Uffe Jakobsen <uffe at uffe.org> wrote:

> Mark McCoy wrote:
> > Hey all, does anyone else see the need for a statically compiled
> > client-only package of subversion that depends only on the necessary
> > bits to enable client functionality?
>
> Yes, less that a week ago I went through the same consideration because
> the list of dependancies is (more than) huge considering the numbers of
> systems that I need a subversion-client on (150+)
>
> But looking further into the dependancies I'm afraid (like Cory) that
> things are pretty much tied too much togheter - because I would need a
> subversion-client that would be able to do much of the networking stuff (but
> I guess that Kerberos, Openldap, BerkerlyDB and maybe a few other lib/pkg
> deps could be avoided for a "simple file" (FSFS) and "network-only"
> subversion-client ???
>
> kind regards Uffe

Mark McCoy -- Professional Unix geek

Here in America we are descended in blood and in spirit from revolutionists
and rebels - men and women who dared to dissent from accepted doctrine. As
their heirs, may we never confuse honest dissent with disloyal subversion.
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower