[csw-users] How can I get blastwave's package sources?

Trygve Laugstøl trygvis at inamo.no
Thu May 17 15:47:06 CEST 2007

Cory Omand wrote:
>>> We are still working on a full subversion repository for all sources and
>>> build scripts. A lot of information may be found at svn.blastwave.org.  I
>>> can put complete sources onto a DVD for you if you so desire but that would
>>> be many gigabytes of compressed sources.
>> Having the signed source tarballs (the upstream sources, not the .pkg
>> sources) in a repository on blastwave would be really useful as then I
>> would be sure that I would always be able to rebuild the package. I just
>> tried to rebuild several blastwave packages yesterday but was unable to
>> fetch the upstream sources.
>
> Did you fetch the svn tree to build these packages?  If so, the source
> archive is fetched and compared to a "known good" md5sum.  If you just
> want to make sure your tarball is the same as the one we're using, you
> can have a look in the 'checksums' file in svn for the package in
> question.

Sure, but the problem is that the sources might be unavailable for many
reasons like a new release was made and the old release was
removed/moved or server is offline or even gone. I would like to have an
assurance of that when I build a package I build from the *exact* same
sources as the one in the archive was built. I bet that today it is
practically impossible to rebuild any Blastwave release older than a
year or even a half year.

--
Trygve