[csw-users] Problem with Seamonkey 1.1.6 (at least) fonts

Rikk Streng rikk at ecursed.com
Mon Nov 19 21:13:20 CET 2007

Hi,

I am new to Solaris and Unix in general so please forgive me if I don't
seem clear.

I am using Solaris 10 x86 08/07.  I got Seamonkey 1.1.6 from Blastware,
it installed fine and is running reliably.  However, I am having one
small problem- it's not drawing all of the fonts correctly.  There
appears to be at least one font set it isn't antialiasing so it looks
really bad.  Here is a page (www.abxzone.com) displaying the problem
very clearly:

http://www.ecursed.com/pictures/solarisfonts.jpg

On the left is Firefox 2.0.0.4 that comes with Solaris 10.  On the right
is Seamonkey.  They are both running at the same time, side by side.
Some other sites I have tried look like this, some will have some fonts
antialiased and some not.  I am noticing vBulletin forum sites have more
problems than others, which may be a clue since they tend to use a lot
of the same fonts.

I don't have any other CSW apps installed to really test against, but I
have a feeling one of the various dependencies that handles fonts either
doesn't come with a suitable font or broke somewhere during the install.
  Anyone else see this or have any idea how to fix it?  Ideally if I
could either fix/install the problem font or point Seamonkey to the
fonts Solaris uses by default that would be good.

Thanks!
Rikk Streng