[csw-users] catalog

Dennis Clarke dclarke at blastwave.org
Tue Oct 2 18:10:33 CEST 2007

> I cannot find documentation about how to create a blastwave catalog
>
> I don't want to wait for a DVD of the blastwave packages and all, so I
> made a CD of all the packages already on my Solaris10 here at home. I am
> intending to take the CD to work and install the same stuff on a Solaris
> 8 box at my new employment which disallows that Blade100 access to the
> internet.
>
> In the pkg-get config file I put  usr=file:///cdrom/20071001/
> When I run pkg-get -i wget
>
> for instance, it complains that it cannot find a catalog.
>
> How do I make a catalog of all these packages?

It's pretty basic really.  Here is one line from that catalog :

aalib 1.4.0,REV=2004.10.15_rev=rc5 CSWaalib
aalib-1.4.0,REV=2004.10.15_rev=rc5-S
unOS5.8-sparc-CSW.pkg.gz fc52a1b3e046cc38fdc138c6da0bfabb

First field is the software package metaname. In this case aalib
Then you get the version 1.4.0,REV=2004.10.15_rev=rc5
Then the actual software package name CSWaalib
Next is the file name :
    aalib-1.4.0,REV=2004.10.15_rev=rc5-SunOS5.8-sparc-CSW.pkg.gz

lastly the md5 sum

If you are on Solaris 10 you can generate that with digest -v -a md5 filename

Dennis Clarke