[csw-users] unable to install packages?

Gerard Henry ghenry at cmi.univ-mrs.fr
Wed Oct 3 17:42:30 CEST 2007

hello all,
on a freshly solaris 10 machine installed, i pkgadd pkg-get 3.8.1, and
modified pkg-get.conf to install packages only in global zone.
I can get the catalog, but i'm unable to install any packages:
t2000-root% pkgadd -d /tmp/pkg_get-3.8.1-all-CSW.pkg
t2000-root% /opt/csw/bin/pkg-get -U
Updated description file
t2000-root% /opt/csw/bin/pkg-get -u
note: upgrading ALL INSTALLED PACKAGES
Installed software packages:

t2000-root% /opt/csw/bin/pkg-get -i rsync
ERROR: rsync unrecognized
Perhaps you need to run pkg-get -U

What i am doing wrong? How can i debug my mistake?

Thanks for help,

gerard

PS: this machine is installed with SUNWCreq and few packages added (500Mo)
If i use an old release of pkg-get, it works, but i don't want to
install packages in zones, so i need the latest release.