[csw-users] Problem with OpenOffice 2.2.0

Jeffery Small jeff at cjsa.com
Mon Oct 8 00:16:33 CEST 2007

I just installed OpenOffice 2.2.0 on a new Solaris 10 installation.  When I
attempt to print, the print dialog comes up with the proper default printer
"ps" but the type is listed as:

	Type:	CUPS:ps

I am not using CUPS.  I'm using the standard Solaris SYSV lp printing
system.  When I print, it attempts to send the document to the printer, but
returns with a dislog that reads:

	Error while printing

I'm sure this is related to the fact that the program is expecting some
different response from the CUPS system.  Is this a fatal flaw in the way
this package is created, or can I somehow instruct OO to expect the correct
underlying print system?

Regards,
--
Jeff

C. Jeffery Small           CJSA LLC                       206-232-3338
jeff at cjsa.com              7000 E Mercer Way, Mercer Island, WA  98040