[csw-users] Other OpenOffice 2.2.0 questions

James Lee james at blastwave.org
Tue Oct 9 11:54:11 CEST 2007

On 08/10/07, 20:11:32, Jeffery Small <jeff at cjsa.com> wrote regarding Re:
[csw-users] Other OpenOffice 2.2.0 questions:

> >> 3:  I find it difficult to align tabs in OpenOffice because the
> >> resolution of tab placement is so fine.  Is there a way to set the
> >> rounding for tab placement (say 1/20th of an inch) so that it is easier
> >> and more predictable to get these aligned?

> >Are you editing the tabs as numbers in the paragraphs properties?  Here
> >you can give the exact numbers.

> No, I'm dragging the tabs along the ruler and placing them manually.  I
> would like them to "snap" into place much as they do in MS Word.  But I
> find that the current resolution for tab placement is so fine grained
> that I cannot easily get tabs to align with tabs on other lines.  I get
> close, but it is hard to get them exactly aligned.

I don't know about the snap on drag.  Perhaps an RFE on the product:
http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/query.cgi
http://qa.openoffice.org/issue_handling/pre_submission.html

I either set tabs by value in the styles or my recommendation is to not
use tabs at all but layout with styles, outline numbering or tables.

James.