[csw-users] package management

Christopher Odenbach odenbach at uni-paderborn.de
Tue Oct 16 09:32:12 CEST 2007

shuttlebox schrieb:
> On 10/13/07, James Hartley <james.hartley at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I do have a question or two on the pkg-get utility.   Specifically I
>> would like some detailed information on setting up a local repository
>> for some of my own work.  I could not find any details on how to do
>> this on the web.  Admitedly I have not looked at all the past
>> archives.  Can one of the experts give me a hand at this or at least
>> direct me to a more specific howto.
>
> How to rsync your own mirror is described on the mirrors page:
> http://www.blastwave.org/mirrors.php

I understand that you would like to mix packages from blastwave and your
own ones. We wanted the same thing here. Unfortunately pkg-get does not
support multiple repositories (like e.g. apt-get from debian).

To get around this, we set up a local blastwave mirror, another
directory containing our own packages, and then a directory containing
symbolic links to the blastwave packages and our local packages.

We have a script running every night rsyncing the blastwave repository
and then updating the mix directory (adding symlinks to new blastwave
packages or removing them from removed packages).

Then we pointed pkg-get to our mix repository and can now install
blastwave and own packages in the same way.

Attached is the perl script which does the magic of mixing the packages
together and creating the catalog and description file. Comments are in
German, so if you have any questions, please ask.

Christopher

    Dipl.-Ing. Christopher Odenbach
    Zentrum fuer Informations- und Medientechnologien
    Universitaet Paderborn
    Raum N5.122
    odenbach at uni-paderborn.de
    Tel.: +49 5251 60 5315