[csw-users] MPlayer - Testing and Unstable

Jonathan Wheeler jwheeler at blastwave.org
Tue Oct 16 13:27:18 CEST 2007

Uwe Dippel wrote:

Hi Uwe - what perfect timing you have!

> I downloaded MPlayer from unstable, updated 22-09, and found some
> problems (see below).
> The MPlayer mailing list gave some advice and suggested to use a
> recent version "Please test latest svn (or, at least, rc2)".
Yeah... don't you hate that :) I agree though, lets get rc2 out there!

> I found a very fresh one in Testing of yesterday
That'd be me, late last night...

> that doesn't expose the iconv-problem.
Brilliant, that's what the new build is for - specifically to address
the following bug found in our bug tracker:
http://www.blastwave.org/mantis/view_bug_page.php?f_id=0002614

  Still it is
> MPlayer 1.0rc1-4.0.2 (C) 2000-2006 MPlayer Team
>
> Any good reason not to use a more recent version ?
I wanted to fix all outstanding bugs before jumping onto a new version.
We've been quite behind on the mplayer front, and the rc1 build has only
been in stable a matter of days.

I fully intend to move to rc2 next though. rc1 took me a long time to
get out the door, let's hope rc2 isn't so bad!!

> $ mplayer vcd:// -cdrom-device /dev/rdsk/c1t1d0s2
Just since we're on the topic, there is another bug to do with vcd
playback that I've not been able to test very well:
http://www.blastwave.org/mantis/view_bug_page.php?f_id=0002606

Can you confirm for me that vcd playback is working correctly in our
current stable build? If so, great, I can close that bug too! :)

Jonathan