[csw-users] SUNW dependencies

Dennis Clarke dclarke at blastwave.org
Sat Oct 20 18:45:09 CEST 2007

> @all
> I notice in the package lists that the SUNW dependencies are not listed.
>
> Is this information available somewhere?

Actually no .. it is not.  We have always built packages from the
perspective that you have Solaris 8 or higher. You can actually install a
Solaris 8 core install ( which is real real lean ) and then install a large
number of CSW packages.  You may need some SUNW packages that are above and
beyond the core install eventually but certainly not the whole massive OS
that is in the "everything plus the kitchen sink" installation options.

It has been a while since I installed a Solaris 8 core install or even a
Solaris 10 core install but ... I think ( as in I seem to recall ) that you
can install a lot of CSW packages based on not more than that.

So in answer to your question ... no we do not keep a list of the SUNW
dependency requirements.

Dennis