[csw-users] Speaking of things that drive me nuts !

Ben Taylor John.B.Taylor at Sun.COM
Sat Sep 15 00:15:10 CEST 2007

Dennis Clarke wrote:

>  Why do we not have a package for QEMU for Solaris 10 ?

Cause I was told by someone that in no uncertain terms
would a package be only for Solaris 10, and I have
no intention of compiling qemu 7 times (8, 9, 10 sparc,
8, 9, 10, 10 x64), because each Solaris version requires
special behaviors.

>  Just a package for AMD64 Solaris 10 is fine in my book and I want that ..
>so why don't we have it ?

The opensolaris qemu project has a tarball for qemu and kqemu
that just works, assuming reading the Readme, running a
simple configure and gmake isn't beyond you. :-)

Unfortunately, the last couple of months, I've had my hands
full, and have not had a chance to re-sequence the changes
on the osol qemu project code back into the CVS qemu tree,
and test some of the major changes that have come down
in the last 45 days (global DMA mechanism, other significant
changes, etc).

I have some free time this weekend, so I'll try and get another
tarball out, and see how the new code works.  There's a fair
amount of testing that needs to occur.

Ben