[csw-users] Updated Glib2, libcairo, and GTK2 (GTK+) packages

Leavitt, Josh Civ USAF AFMC 519 SMXS/MXDEB Josh.Leavitt at HILL.af.mil
Thu Apr 17 18:07:19 CEST 2008

> > > --- "Leavitt, Josh Civ USAF AFMC 519 SMXS/MXDEB"

> > rest of
> > branch.
> > updated
> > > >

> > I have installed the above packages without any
> > problems on a Solaris 10
> > sparc machine.  I just installed those packages over
> > my existing Gnome
> > install from unstable so the result is a mix of
> > Gnome 2.22 and Gnome
> > 2.16/2.14.  The environment appears to be unstable,
> > I experience lockups
> > when clicking on elements in the gnome-panel, yelp
> > does not seem to
> > work, and the mouse pointer disappears.
> >
> > Should the above packages work with the rest of the
> > gnome packages from
> > unstable, or do I need to uninstall gnome and start
> > from scratch?
>
> I'm reviewing the older GTK 2.10.14 versus GTK 2.12.9
> to see why there is a problem. Do you have Dbus/Hal
> running on your system?

dbus is running, hal is not.

It may make a difference that we install all of the blastwave packages
to a sever and then nfs mount /opt/csw.  Are there scripts that need
installed/adjusted on the machine for gnome 2.22?