[csw-users] ***SPAM*** RE: Local Filesystem Repository and CSW pkg-get

JL Picard jlpicard15 at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 2 18:18:28 CET 2008

Regarding using file:///my/local/file/system/repos/unstable , since pkg-get uses wget, I just tried:
        wget file:///my/local/file/system/repos/unstable
and I got a msg like like the following (although you'd think that wget would support this file transfer mechanism)
        file:///my/local/file/system/repos/unstable : Unsupported scheme.

Regarding setting-up an Apache Solution - That isn't going to work, because this is a first installation on an internal LAN with no other connectivity in the short-term besides what I bring on the DVD.  Secondly, it would probably be better to create an internal FTP site before an Apache server, since it's easier to setup and lockdown

Speaking of DVDs, how does the DVD solution offered by blastwave.org work?