[csw-users] can I remove a blastwave package?

Dennis Clarke dclarke at blastwave.org
Thu Feb 14 06:22:24 CET 2008

> I'm guilty. I'm a total newbie. I'm in way over my head. I don't know
> how to admin a SVR4 package in Solaris. Thanks for the tip. I'll read up
> on that.

Let's just get past all that and solve the problem the old fashioned way.
Sorry for being crisp but I never did understand why someone would drop a
pile of logs on a total stranger and then say "fix it". So I had to push
back a little.

That gets us to here.

> I followed the steps on that URL to install the package:
>
> http://www.sun.com/bigadmin/features/articles/samp_setup.jsp

Right. Been there .. done that and got the t-shirt too.

At this point I am going to forward this email into the users mailist at
blastwave.org and get people involved. I am going to do this because the
guys that know MySQL back to front and in their sleep hang out there and I
know that they will see this and possibly attack it with hammers and a fine
tooth comb.  Also, the guys inside Blastwave know that I am up to my ears
fixing a subversion server problem and I can't stop and play right now.

Let's get some other people involved mmmkay ?

Personally I think you are doing fine .. but something has clearly run amok.

pardon me while I drop kick this into the users mailist here :

    users at lists.blastwave.org

Where I will receive it again.

Dennis

---------- rest of original message -------------