[csw-users] Safe to let pkg-get -u Upgrade pkg-get?

Douglas S. Davis dsdavis at haverford.edu
Thu Feb 21 21:53:59 CET 2008

So I'm trying to install ImageMagick on Solaris 10 using Blastwave.

I run pkg-get to install it, and it tells me I need to upgrade some
png app or something.  I run the command it recommends, and in the
process of upgrading various packages, it tells me that pkg-get
itself needs to be upgraded. Is it safe to let it upgrade itself?  Or
when I say "yes" that it's okay to uninstall it (prior to it
installing the latest version), will it no longer be able to upgrade
itself (as it's been removed)?

Hope that's clear.

For the record, I told it "no" and it continued with other upgrades,
but if it's safe to do, I'll run it again.

                                                         Douglas

Douglas S. Davis
Programmer/Analyst
Haverford College