[csw-users] Will a Blastwave install take precedence over an older one?

Meik Hellmund Meik.Hellmund at math.uni-leipzig.de
Wed Feb 27 22:17:03 CET 2008

On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 15:52:11 -0500 (EST)
"Dennis Clarke" <dclarke at blastwave.org> wrote:

> > On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 7:18 PM, Meik Hellmund
> > <Meik.Hellmund at math.uni-leipzig.de> wrote:

> >>  > there can help you.
> >>
> >>  There is a developer mailing list? I didn't find this list
> >>  on blastwave.org. Is it archived somewhere?
> >
> > It's only open to Blastwave developers.
>
> Mostly because we like to keep our arguments^H^H^H^Hdiscussions in the
> family and the public sees us all smiling.  Just like any other
> software company. :-)

Hm, I am a bit ... disappointed. Company, not community. Is this a
freudian slip?  Debian-devel, Gnome-devel, Opensolaris-devel,
Linux-Kernel, all those developer mailing lists are archived and the
archives are open to the public.
I am a system administrator, not a developer, but it is very useful
for me to look over these lists every few weeks. I can learn about the
further direction of development. I can see how unstable the unstable
branch really is this week. Very often it helps me to solve/avoid
problems.
Of course you have every right to have your private
discussions - perhaps there could be two developer lists?

Regards, Meik

--
Meik Hellmund
Mathematisches Institut, Uni Leipzig