[csw-users] meld and skencil broken by python upgrade?

ken mays maybird1776 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 11 13:19:51 CET 2008

The programs use various python binding packages. I've
refreshed pygtk and pygobject so that should fix them
for now. You have a few others, like gnome-python,
that will require those maintainers to refresh them as
well.

~ Ken

------------------->

Hi all,

hadn't upgraded for a long time (six months roughly)
and went from
python 2.3.x to 2.5.1 yesterday. since, meld and
skencil are broken.
If anyone can advise, I'd be much obliged.

Cheers, Hakim

outputs:

[hhamdani at asagao-jkk ~]$ pkg-get -c | grep meld
           meld                         0.9
            SAME
[hhamdani at asagao-jkk ~]$ pkg-get -c | grep skencil
        skencil                      0.6.16
            SAME
[hhamdani at asagao-jkk ~]$ pkg-get -c | grep python
  ap2_modpython             [Not installed]
3.3.1,REV=2007.10.25
   gnome_python        2.0.2,REV=2004.08.09
            SAME
         python        2.5.1,REV=2007.11.03
            SAME
      python_tk