[csw-users] ruby updates?

Dagobert Michelsen dam at blastwave.org
Fri Jul 11 22:17:50 CEST 2008

Hi Ben,

Am 11.07.2008 um 22:01 schrieb Ben Walton:
> Excerpts from Dagobert Michelsen's message of Fri Jul 11 15:42:56
> -0400 2008:
>> There is already a high-quality package build description at
>>    http://svn.blastwave.org/csw/trunk/lang/ruby

The package is actually at
   <http://svn.blastwave.org/trac/browser/csw/trunk/lang/ruby>
Sorry.

>> Unfortunately the server is currently down for maintenance
>> but will be available shortly. The build description is
>> done with GAR, you'll find tutorials for the build system
>> on the server too. I'll post a link when the server is
>> up again.

Thanks to Dennis the issue seems to be resolved now. Thanks
Dennis! :-)

> Ok, I'll check that out.  I've spent my (spare) cycles today builing a
> package using the docs available and have had decent success.  My
> current issues (that I'm aware of) are that I end up depending on some
> in house packages left around from years ago (this is a sol8 system
> that
> I'm building on presently).  I either need to pull in some extra
> blastwave packages to supercede these local (and very stale)
> versions or
> alter a LIBPATH variable somewhere in a makefile to have the /opt/csw
> versions take precedence.

GAR usually takes care of this automatically. You can find
introductory documents at
   <http://svn.blastwave.org/trac/wiki>
especially
   <http://svn.blastwave.org/trac/wiki/GettingStarted>
   <http://svn.blastwave.org/trac/wiki/GarTutorial>
The tutorial is not finished yet, any feedback on the
documentation is welcome :-)

> Otherwise, for my first crack at building a proper package on solaris,
> I'm in good shape, I think.
>
> All of the docs reference logging into a build farm...Is this
> something
> I'd be able to do also?

Yes. I'll cc'ed Phil to process your official maintainer
signup.