[csw-users] D-Bus issues in the stable branch

Laurent Blume laurent at opensolaris.org
Mon Jun 23 17:07:18 CEST 2008

Hi all,

I'm having some issues with emacs, from the stable branch. When trying
to save, it crashes with the following d-bus error:

emacs
process 15522: D-Bus library appears to be incorrectly set up; failed to
read machine uuid: Failed to open "/opt/csw/var/lib/dbus/machine-id": No
such file or directory
See the manual page for dbus-uuidgen to correct this issue.
  D-Bus not compiled with backtrace support so unable to print a backtrace
Fatal error (6)Abort

There is not even a /opt/csw/var/lib directory, so I don't understand.

Does it have anything to do with the many unstable GNOME packages that
crept in the stable branch? I thought that stable meant just that,
avoiding the issues of the bleeding edge development packages?

TIA,

Laurent

--
/ Leader de Projet & Communauté    | I'm working, but not speaking for
\ G11N   http://fr.opensolaris.org | Bull Services http://www.bull.com