[csw-users] RT (Request Tracker)

Aaron Wilson aaron at ernieball.com
Wed Mar 12 18:10:48 CET 2008

Any one got a readme on installing RT?

Apache is working, mysql is working. Created the db rt3 and the user
rt_user. That user has full privileges.

I think this is how you setup rt, but I get an error.

-bash-3.00# /opt/csw/rt3/sbin/rt-setup-database --dba rt_user
--prompt-for-dba-password --action insert --datadir
/opt/csw/rt3/etc/upgrade/3.5.1
In order to create or update your RT database,this script needs to
connect to your mysql instance on localhost as rt_user.
Please specify that user's database password below. If the user has no
database
password, just press return.

Password:
DBI connect('dbname=rt3;host=localhost','rt_user',...) failed: Access
denied for user 'rt_user'@'localhost' (using password: YES) at
/opt/csw/share/perl/csw/DBIx/SearchBuilder/Handle.pm line 106
Connect Failed Access denied for user 'rt_user'@'localhost' (using
password: YES)
 at /opt/csw/rt3/lib/RT.pm line 220
-bash-3.00#