[csw-users] Trouble Getting My Account To Load Blastwave Gnome

Ken Flick Ken.Flick at tfcci.com
Wed May 7 16:28:19 CEST 2008

Hello,
I am a new user who is in a UNIX admin role for a private company. My
particular company uses Solaris 10 with the blastwave stuff installed.
most of our users can get their logins to work by pointing their paths
to /opt/csw/bin etc.... However, with my own login, when I change my own
path to point to the /opt/csw/bin etc... my Gnome breaks and I get no
desktop loaded. I have to logout and log back in in failsafe login mode
to fix it. currently my path is pointing to all of the default Solaris
Gnome stuff at /bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin etc.... I
have read the user guide and know that my LD_LIBRARY_PATH is unset. Does
anyone have any suggestions or pointers for me to check out in order to
fix my login problems? By the way I logging in to the system from a
SunRay 2 terminal.

Thanks for any help you can give,

Ken Flick