[csw-users] Evince broken after update

Alessio a.cervellin at acm.org
Wed May 14 20:44:21 CEST 2008

Aaron Wilson wrote:
> I think I just made Evince usable on my system again.
>
> Did a pkgrm of CSWevince and CSWpoppler, and ignored the warnings.
>
> I downloaded the stable branch releases of Evince and Poppler and used
> pkgadd to install them.
>
> I think it's poppler or possibly a dependency poppler
> 0.8.0,REV=2008.04.12 relies on, and not necessarily an Evince problem.
> Stable is still using  0.6.2,REV=2007.12.01 and using that I haven't
> crashed evince yet.
>
> Probably restating something that's already been stated in this thread....

yes, the problem of evince currently in unstable is that it has been
compiled against a "future" version of poppler which is not in unstable.
one quick fix is to create the following symlink:

ln -s libpoppler-glib.so.3.0.0 libpoppler-glib.so.2

otherwsie you can install poppler and evince from the stable catalog.

note: i can't actually fix this package because there's an internal
fighting between the blastwave "chiefs" which makes it impossible for us
maintainers to work fine...