[csw-users] Issues with xterm since last refresh...

Bob Krzaczek krz at cis.rit.edu
Sat May 31 23:22:45 CEST 2008

S. Hakim Hamdani [ML] wrote:
> Worked for me up until I upgraded from whatever came before 228 to the
> current unstable, which is 228. Since then it's broken.

Your original email mentioned an error in xterm trying to obtain an
input method.  Do you have any locales or LC_* or LANG environment
variables specified that's triggering an attempt to hook up an X Input
Method you might not have available on your system?  If nothing's
changed on your system other than xterm, it could be that your older
xterm ignored these things and the newer one pays attention. :-)

I suggest clearing your environment of everything that looks like a
locale and see if the error persists.

--
Bob Krzaczek, Chester F. Carlson Center for Imaging Science, RIT
phone +1-585-4757196, email krz at cis.rit.edu, icbm 43.0848N 77.6789W