[csw-users] Warning: libsigseg broken on older Sparcs

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Tue Nov 4 18:04:11 CET 2008

Hi Rob,

Am 04.11.2008 um 17:47 schrieb Rob Stampfli:
> I just got around to refreshing my blastwave packages.

Could you please state which mirror you used (where
your pkg-get.conf points to)?

> Unfortunately,
> I when pulled down the latest gm4, it pulled in libsigsegv, and the
> libsigsegv package is compiled for SPARC32PLUS / V8+, which is beyond
> the capabilities of my poor little LX to accomodate.
>
> Is this a mistake, or has Blastwave moved on and MDed these older
> Sparcs?

I cannot speak for Blastwave. OpenCSW builds binaries
for Solaris 8 for SPARC, so every machine capable of
running Solaris 8 should be able to execute every package
available on OpenCSW for Solaris 8. If this is not the
case it is considered a bug.