[csw-users] "pkg-get -u" does not work, hash in list of installed packages

Junhao solaris at jmarki.net
Sun Nov 16 13:05:03 CET 2008

Hi,

(I'm relatively new to Solaris, so pardon me if the solution is
blindingly obvious...)

I'm using csw on my Solaris10 x86 systems, and trying to check for
upgrades. It's didn't work, somehow a hash is injected into the list of
packages.

<snip>
$ pkg-get -U

$ pkg-get -u
note: upgrading ALL INSTALLED PACKAGES
Installed software packages:
=zZl6 zlib wget textutils slang screen sasl rsync readline pkg_get perl
openssl_utils openssl_rt openssl_devel openssl openldap_rt ncurses nano
libpopt libnet libidn libiconv less isaexec
iD8DBQFJAhSRBqHtG+EunS8RAkoMAJ9Bpf5uQwZEYylu0Eg3oA/CbvDnHQCdG9jg
HVHeU5BYROuFa0/eDfiYCjw= Hash: gnupg ggettext gdbm expat curlrt common
bzip2 berkeleydb44 berkeleydb4
ERROR: =zZl6 unrecognized
Perhaps you need to run pkg-get -U
</snip>

Anyway, there shouldn't be any updates: pkg-get compare does not show
any newer packages.

Does anyone have any pointers? Thanks!

Regards,
Junhao