[csw-users] CSW-bind

Jos?e Manuel Macias Luna jmanuel.macias at rediris.es
Mon Aug 3 12:19:15 CEST 2009

Hi again,

   first of all, sorry for bothering you while on vacations, Peter... (I guess
you are from your words from last week... :))

   I installed last friday
bind-9.6.1,REV=2009.07.30_rev=P1-SunOS5.8-sparc-CSW.pkg with no hassle, but when
 installing today bind-9.6.1,REV=2009.07.31_rev=P1-SunOS5.8-sparc-CSW.pkg I'm
getting problems with the named binary itself:

bash-2.03# pkginfo -l CSWbind
   PKGINST:  CSWbind
      NAME:  bind - ISC BIND DNS main package
  CATEGORY:  application
      ARCH:  sparc
   VERSION:  9.6.1,REV=2009.07.31_rev=P1
    VENDOR:  http://www.isc.org/software/bind packaged for CSW by Peter Bonivart
    PSTAMP:  bonivart at build8s-20090731191430
  INSTDATE:  Aug 03 2009 10:57
   HOTLINE:  http://www.opencsw.org/bugtrack/
     EMAIL:  bonivart at opencsw.org
    STATUS:  completely installed
     FILES:       53 installed pathnames
                   4 shared pathnames
                   1 linked files
                   8 directories
                  10 executables
                1816 blocks used (approx)

bash-2.03# file /opt/csw/sbin/named
/opt/csw/sbin/named:    ELF 32-bit LSB executable 80386 Version 1, dynamically
linked, stripped

...while in the machine I successfully installed on friday says:

# file /opt/csw/sbin/named
/opt/csw/sbin/named:    ELF 32-bit MSB executable SPARC Version 1, dynamically
linked, stripped

That is: binaries for the SPARC bind in the testing directory seems to be i386
binaries...  could that be the case?

regards,

jose.