[csw-users] berkeleydb in flux

Geoff Davis gadavis at ucsd.edu
Tue Aug 18 21:51:47 CEST 2009

I agree with Daniel - linking bdb44 to version 4.7 is going to cause a
lot of problems.

In this case, my hand-rolled CFEngine 2.2.8 binaries broke. They were
linked to CSWbdb44. ABI compatibility does not mean logic
compatibility, and certain programs have to do things differently
depending on the version of BerkeleyDB. Please restore berkeleydb44 to
a version that links against version 4.4 of BerkeleyDB.

Here's the relevant part of my CFAgent output where it segfaults
trying to read the databases.

$ sudo cfagent -vq
Reference time set to Tue Aug 18 19:37:21 2009

GNU Configuration Engine -
2.2.8
Free Software Foundation 1994-
Donated by Mark Burgess, Oslo University College, Norway

[...removed some noise...]

DB->get_multiple: method not permitted before handle's open method
cfengine:anfdev: Couldn't open last-seen database /var/cfengine/
cf_LastSeen.db
cfengine:anfdev: db_open: Invalid argument
Segmentation Fault (core dumped)