[csw-users] Berkeley DB 4.7 vs. 4.4 issue

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Tue Aug 25 13:04:03 CEST 2009

Hi Marsha,

Am 25.08.2009 um 08:12 schrieb PETRY, MARSHA:
> This might be a variation of the "Berkeley DB in Flux" discussion...
>
> I updated the trac and svn packages using pkgutil, and now have a
> corrupt BDB when I try to use svn.
>
> svn: Berkeley DB error for filesystem '/cust/repo/db' while opening
> environment:
> svn: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery
> svn: bdb: Ignoring log file: /cust/repo/db/log.0000000918: magic
> number 88090400, not 40988
> svn: bdb: Invalid log file: log.0000000918: Invalid argument
> svn: bdb: PANIC: Invalid argument
> svn: bdb: unable to join the environment
>
> The resolution on the Oracle site says that I need to db_recover
> using the old BDB copy (4.4) --- that is now pointing to the new 4.7
> copy and so I've lost the ability to run db_recover using the older
> version.  Is that correct? or is there a way to get that back?
>
> Am I right in thinking I'll need to download/compile a personal
> "home directory" version of 4.4 and run the recover using that?  I
> do not see an easy way to re-create the old versions.
>
> Any help would be much appreciated... I'm looking at a long
> process.  I don't think we even use gcc on this box and so I have
> lots of downloads to get.

In addition to the workaround Ihsan advised please note also that
there will a new version of Trac be released shortly, so please
take a careful eye on updating.

To make updating both easier and safer in the future there is currently
work going on to provide freezes of the package tree.

Also please help testing new packages from
   http://mirror.opencsw.org/testing.html
to find problems early.

Sorry for the inconvenience