[csw-users] Kicad app broke with upgrade pkg-get -Uu

William Bonnet william at wbonnet.net
Tue Jul 7 17:28:36 CEST 2009

Hi Paul

>> Can you please send me the full output of the following commands :
>>
>> ldd /opt/csw/bin/kicad
>> pkginfo -l CSWkicad
Thanks, i was thinking at something but now i have the answer :)

> $ pkginfo -l CSWkicad
>   HOTLINE:  http://www.blastwave.org/bugtrack
>     EMAIL:  dlaigle at blastwave.org
You are using the package from Blastwave, not from OpenCSW. And this is
not an error on your side.

You installed the package before the fork, and this package was not
updated since. But... the libs it is using have been modified, and
libxcb linking is no longer compatible between both project.

I suggest your try to remove then reinstall kicad. It should work.

Thanks for raising this problem. We will try to solve it in a "global way".

Cheers
W.