[csw-users] pidgin: trouble with yahoo account?

Mike Watters mwatters at opencsw.org
Tue Jun 30 17:54:08 CEST 2009

Gerard Henry wrote:
> Sebastian Kayser wrote:
>> Mike Watters wrote:
>>> This is a problem with pidgin.  it is however fixed with 2.5.7
>>> release.
>>>
>>> I have filed a bug to upgrade with the maintainer.
>>
>> For reference, the bug entry can be found in our bugtracker [1]. In the
>> meantime you might want to try the workaround that is mentioned halfway
>> down in the related pidgin bugtracker entry [2]: Manually select
>> 66.163.181.167 (cs102.msg.mud.yahoo.com) as your server. I am not sure
>> whether it still works, but it's worth a try.
>>
>> Sebastian
>>
>> [1] http://opencsw.org/mantis/view.php?id=3721
>> [2] http://developer.pidgin.im/ticket/8853
>>

> unfortunately, it doesn't work anymore.
>

> gerard

I have talked to Chad about this already, and I will push out the new version
of pidgin once GTK has been released.  should be in the next few days.

I am currently testing version 2.5.7 against the version of gtk in testing.

- --

Thanks,
Mike

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex,
and more violent.  It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage --
to move in the opposite direction."

* Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955
    US German-born Theoretical Physicist