[csw-users] cswproto not found

Maciej Bliziński maciej.blizinski at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 19:35:15 CET 2009

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 6:02 PM, Juergen Arndt <ja at baltic-online.de> wrote:
> In that special case I need it for Solaris 8. The software I want to
> package uses C functions, which are not in the Sol-8-libs, so I had to use
> the ucb libs.

You don't have -I/usr/ucbinclude in your CPPFLAGS. If you don't have
them, you can have problems like readdir() function stripping off
first 2 characters of every file. I spent half a day today debugging
that. You need to either use -I/usr/ucbinclude and -L/usr/ucblib, or
none. Also, as a side note - if you're specifying -L/usr/ucblib, it's
a good idea to specify also -R/usr/ucblib which will make the binary
search /usr/ucblib for libraries during runtime. Otherwise you can get
an error with a shared library not found.

>>> I guess, the path variable is important, and there
>>> "/home/ja/mgar/pkg/pnp/trunk/gar/bin" - there "cswproto" is located.
>>> But I
>>> have no idea, why it works on the Solaris 8 system and not on Solaris
>>> 10.
>>
>> That might be a stupid question, but have you verified that
>> /home/ja/mgar/pkg/pnp/trunk/gar/bin/cswproto exists in your Solaris 10
>> system?
>
> I did and cswproto exists there.

So it's not that. I'd suggest setting variable DEBUG_PACKAGING in your
main Makefile and editing gar/gar.pkg.mk around line 228 - you could
add something like "echo PATH: $$PATH" to see what's going on in
there.