[csw-users] Problem with RRDs (RRDtool Perl module) on Solaris 10

Sebastian Kayser skayser at opencsw.org
Sun Mar 15 23:33:58 CET 2009

Hi Juergen,

Juergen Arndt schrieb:
> I ran into a problem with the Perl module RRDs on Solaris 10.
>
> I evaluate a software (pnp, [1]), which stores data into RRD databases and
> visualises it as a graph. So nothing special. This software uses the RRDs
> perl module, which comes in CSWrrd. It works on Solaris 8 without any
> problem, on Solaris 10 nothing happends.
>
> After some digging in forums and chats I downloaded a test script (see
> below, [2]). It's no problem to run this script on Solaris 8 but Solaris
> 10 it cores. Can anybody reproduce this? And maybe someone has a solution?

from what i remember, we have a bug report about this in the bug tracker
(filed against rrdtool). Have a look when the bug tracker is reachable
again, maybe the report contains some information that is helpful in your
situation.

Otherwise add your findings to the bug tracker so that the package
maintainer can take care of it.

Sebastian