[csw-users] New packages for nagios, nrpe, nsca and the nagios plugins released

Junhao solaris at jmarki.net
Sun Mar 22 08:27:37 CET 2009

Juergen Arndt wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> new packages for nagios, NRPE, NSCA and the nagios plugins are available.
>
> The former package "nagiosp" was renamed to "nagios_plugins".
>
> As Phil statet: "pk-get upgrade" should work fine. But any prior saved
> output from
> "pkg-get -l" that had "nagiosp" in it, will now be invalid.
> Plus any automated checks for things like "pkg-get -c" that explicitly
> checked for nagiosp.
>
> Juergen

There may be three problems with the CSWnrpe installation

1) it somehow overwrote my existing nrpe.cfg file at
/opt/csw/nagios/etc/nrpe.cfg. Not sure how that happened.

2) the nrpe binary is at /opt/csw/bin/nrpe, but the manifest script
looks at /opt/csw/nagios/bin/nrpe (filed as bug #3478)

3) the nrpe.cfg configuration file is installed in
/opt/csw/etc/nrpe.cfg, but the manifest script does not look there.
Should this be filed?

Junhao