[csw-users] rxvt-unicode available in testing

Maciej Bliziński maciej.blizinski at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 20:10:01 CET 2009

Thanks to Roger I've built rxvt-unicode for Solaris 8 and pushed
packages to testing. rxvt-unicode is a lightweight terminal emulator
with unicode support. It has a nice feature of borrowing missing
characters from other fonts; if the current font is missing certain
character, rxvt-unicode will take a character from a different font.
It's much better behavior than displaying a square or a question mark.

pkg-get -s http://mirror.opencsw.org/opencsw/testing -U -u urxvt

I've also created issue 3480[1] and a patch which deals with the
problem of "Need TWO args to newer_rev" when installing a package from
testing using pkg-get while having a non-en_US.UTF-8 locale.

Maciej

[1] http://www.opencsw.org/mantis/view.php?id=3480