[csw-users] *.wikidot.com DNS timeouts

Peter Bonivart bonivart at opencsw.org
Sat Mar 28 09:35:49 CET 2009

On Sat, Mar 28, 2009 at 7:33 AM, Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski
<maciej at opencsw.org> wrote:
> I observe problems with resolving hosts *.wikidot.org, on which
> wiki.opencsw.org depends. I had similar problems with pkgutil's wiki
> the other day. An example:
>
> maciej at quince ~ $ time host www.wikidot.org
>
> real    0m10.115s
> user    0m0.004s
> sys     0m0.000s
>
> Symptoms: web page doesn't display. After several refreshes, it
> displays, but without CSS. Did anyone else see this?

I'm there quite frequently, having three wikis there, and haven't
noticed any problems. I looked through their news where they post
problems but I couldn't see anything related.

Just tried the same you did:

$ time host www.wikidot.org
www.wikidot.org is an alias for wikidot.com.
wikidot.com has address 67.228.37.26
wikidot.com mail is handled by 1 ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.com.
wikidot.com mail is handled by 5 ALT1.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.com.
wikidot.com mail is handled by 5 ALT2.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.com.
wikidot.com mail is handled by 10 ASPMX2.GOOGLEMAIL.com.
wikidot.com mail is handled by 10 ASPMX3.GOOGLEMAIL.com.
wikidot.com mail is handled by 10 ASPMX4.GOOGLEMAIL.com.
wikidot.com mail is handled by 10 ASPMX5.GOOGLEMAIL.com.

real	0m0.353s
user	0m0.004s
sys	0m0.000s

Please contact them directly if you keep having problems.

--
/peter