[csw-users] I don't know what pkg or pkgs are broken....

Aaron Wilson aaron at ernieball.com
Sat May 30 22:54:57 CEST 2009

Jeffery Small wrote:
> Peter Bonivart <bonivart at opencsw.org> writes:
>
>> As Aaron suggested, it might be a bad init script. Try shutting down service
>> after service yourself instead of just running init/halt/shutdown.  You
>> should be able to see which one doesn't quit immediately.
>
> Good idea.  I'll try it this weekend and see what happens.  Thanks.
>
> Regards,

I'll take a look at my systems on Monday and get back to the list. I too
am still leaning towards a possible script issue versus an actual
problem with one of the pkgs.

Right before I left on Friday I did notice four or five smf's getting
stuck in *online state after attempting to perform a shut down. the
cswcups and cswdbus smf's were two I explicitly remember at the moment,
but there were a couple of other default solaris smf's in that state
too. I didn't get a chance to look at it in more detail because it was 5
o'clock and the weekend was calling. :)