[csw-users] [csw-maintainers] Another problem with Berkeleydb (with cyrus_imapd)

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Fri Sep 4 23:01:26 CEST 2009

Hi Yann,

Am 04.09.2009 um 22:54 schrieb Yann Rouillard:
> I run into the same problem with berkeleydb and cyrus imapd:
>
> 	imaps[4196]: [ID 539395 local6.crit] incorrect version of Berkeley
> db: compiled against 4.2.52, linked against 4.7.25
>
> I saw a lot of thread about berkeleydb, but it's not easy to find
> what is current situation and what will be done to solve this problem.
>
> Can someone explain to me:
>
> 	- if it is planned to provide again the berkeleydb 4.2.52 package
> or if I have to recompile cyrus against berkeleydb 4.7 ?

Phil, Mike: Please correct me if I'm wrong.

We will put 4.2.52 back in as legacy lib in bdb4. If you could update
your package
to 4.7 that would be great as we generally want to reducy dependency
to old libs.

> 	- if it is 100% guaranted that the upgrade to 4.7 is transparent
> for the user and that berkeleydb files created with 4.2 will be
> handled with 4.7 ?

We thought so. However, I am not 100% sure any more.

> I would rather like the berkeleydb 4.2 package to be restored in its
> previous state so it doesn't break current cyrus installation and to
> give me some time to test the upgrade path to 4.7.

Ok, agreed. So again: everybody please be extra careful on upgrades
from current
as the berkeley db issues have not been fully cleaned. It will
unfortunately take
some more time to reorganize things again.