[csw-users] gfortran

George Wyche gwyche at io.com
Sat Sep 5 02:01:29 CEST 2009

At work I am using opencsw gfortran on OS5.8, but
here at home on Solaris 10 I upgraded everything to "current". Lots of
stuff works OK and though FireFox3.0.16 is difficult I am able to do
everything I was ever able to do, so the upgrade generally works.

I want gfortran to work and it does not.

What I get for a test2.f which only "      END" in it is:

/opt/csw/gcc4/bin/gfortran -R/opt/csw/gcc4/lib test2.f
ld: fatal: file crt1.o: open failed: No such file or directory

I used the -R bit as per James hint in this list.

Questions:
 1) How might I proceed?
 2) What is stopping us from advancing to gfortran 4.5.0 instead of this 8
year old version?

George Wyche
Also contactable at gwyche at io.com