[csw-users] missing PERL module

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Tue Sep 22 07:49:39 CEST 2009

Hi Glen,

Am 21.09.2009 um 23:52 schrieb Glen Gunselman:
> I need to install Perl module Text/CSV_XS.pm.  I see a OpenCSW
> package pm_textcsvxs. Is this the package I need?

Yes, you can check here:
   <http://www.opencsw.org/packages/pm_textcsvxs>

>  Perl is installed but not current.
>
> I tried to update Perl using:
>
> /opt/csw/bin/pkg-get -u perl
>
> but received the following error and perl was NOT updated:
> WARNING: gpg not found
>
>  Based on the above should I continue trying to install pm_textcsvxs
> from OpenCSW or am I just opening a big can of worms?

Just go ahead and either install gpg and update the key as described in
   <http://www.opencsw.org/pkg-get>
or disable gpg in /opt/csw/etc/pkg-get.conf. I guess your catalog is
already updated? I fnot, do pkg-get -U first.

> Note: I tried to install just the missing Perl module but that failed:
>
> /opt/csw/bin/pkg-get -i pm_textcsvxs
> Error: dependancy perl (CSWperl) not up to date

This is correct, you must first update dependencies.