[csw-users] mesalibs mglu versus glu

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Tue Apr 27 17:43:24 CEST 2010

Hi George,

Am 27.04.2010 um 17:33 schrieb Wyche, George PW:
> Paul Lanken suggests checking out BlastWave

Please notice that Paul Lanken is heavily biased towards Blastwave
and IMHO uses unacceltable wording. Please take a look at his
last postings at
   <http://lists.opencsw.org/pipermail/users/2008-December/007827.html>
   <http://www.h-online.com/open/news/forum/S-Re-The-facts-of-the-matter-are-somewhat-different/forum-110420/msg-14369987/read/

> I don't like mixing and matching. I get into trouble (faster) when I
> do
> that. But following Mr. Lanken's lead I suppose I should investigate
> Mr.
> Christensen's sunfreeware, too. I started with them lo' these many
> years
> ago.

I started writing a comparison of Solaris packages distributions at
   <http://wiki.opencsw.org/solarisdistributions>
It is currently at draft level, but feel free to take a look and
comment. In fact, SFW is very much different from OpenCSW as outlined
there.