[csw-users] pkg-get 4.4 released

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Mon Aug 23 17:53:56 CEST 2010

FYI, I just released pkg-get 4.4
Updates:

- changed default url to the "proper" ibiblio one
- should give instructions about grabbing our key for gpg when appropriate
- should be more friendly about non-root use.
  Not much to be done about the whole "only root can use pkgadd" right
now of course :)
  But for purposes of package comparisons, or downloads, it now has a
fallback mode to set things up in a user's home directory.
The reason I added this, is for times when the sysadmins have not
updated the local cached version of the package catalog, but you still
want to run version comparisons, as a regular user.

(This would in theory allow use of the "-e" flag in a cronjob as non-root)

Oh, and I also updated the documentation, so it actually mentions the
fact that pkg-get has a "cdrom"(directory) mode :-}