[csw-users] installing pgp

Sebastian Kayser skayser at opencsw.org
Thu Feb 25 23:55:37 CET 2010

Hi Glen,

Glen Gunselman wrote on 25.02.2010 22:42:

> I've been asked to install pgp on a few servers.  I see both gnupg and
> gnupg2 in the packages list.  I thought I'd start with gnupg as it has a
> shorter dependancies list.
>
> A /opt/csw/bin/pkg-get -c|grep -v 'Not installed' shows:
> WARNING: gpg not found
> # (From site http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/packages/solaris/opencsw/current )
>        software                        localrev                     remoterev
>
>  [... list of version comparisons ...]
>
> Note: rrdtool            1.3.6,REV=2009.03.23           1.3.4,REV=2008.12.05
>
> If I run /opt/csw/bin/pkg-get -u will rrdtool be down leveled?

I am more familiar with pkgutil and haven't used pkg-get for a while,
but if you are using the current/ release branch (judging from the "From
site" output above) there are a couple of "remoterev" versions in the
list of yours which should definitely be more up to date. For reference
purposes: our website lists the package versions which are in the
current catalog. What's the mirror url setting in your pkg-get.conf?

To better troubleshoot this, could you please install pkgutil 1.9.1 and
run a couple of diagnostic commands.

1) Remove old pkgutil, download/install pkgutil 1.7

  pkgrm CSWpkgutil
  wget http://mirror.opencsw.org/opencsw/official/pkgutil-`uname -p`.pkg
  pkgadd -d pkgutil-`uname -p`.pkg
  <configure your mirror in /etc/opt/csw/pkgutil.conf>

2) Upgrade to pkgutil 1.9.1 (should not pull in any deps)

  pkgutil -Uu pkgutil

3) Run diagnostic commands

  pkgutil -V
  pkgutil -U
  pkgutil -C

This will display some diagnostic information (-V), fetch the current
catalogs (-U) and then compare your currently installed packages to the
ones on the mirror (-C, only displays different versions). You can use
something like http://pastebin.com/ to post outputs when they tend to
get long.

Sebastian