[csw-users] problem with perl

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Mon Jun 7 13:22:17 CEST 2010

Hi Gerard,

Am 07.06.2010 um 12:43 schrieb gerard:
> when i execute a perl app, i have this problem:
> sipserv1-root% /opt/csw/bin/perl -I./ ./SIPServer.pm ./SIPServer.xml
> Can't locate Net/Server/PreFork.pm in @INC (@INC contains: ./ /usr/
> local/koha/lib /opt/csw/lib/perl/5.8.8 /opt/csw/share/perl/5.8.8 /
> opt/csw/lib/perl/site_perl /opt/csw/share/perl/site_perl /opt/csw/
> share/perl/site_perl /opt/csw/lib/perl/csw /opt/csw/share/perl/csw /
> opt/csw/share/perl/csw .) at ./SIPServer.pm line 7.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./SIPServer.pm line 7.
>
> Installing CSWpmprefork doesn't solve this problme, because this
> package doesn't contain PreFork.pm but instead  prefork.pm. Is it
> normal?

I would say yes when I look into the upstream CPAN module:
   http://search.cpan.org/~adamk/prefork-1.04/

I don't know the SIPServer.pm module, it doesn't seem to be in the
OpenCSW repository. Do you have an upstream URL for me? It may need
another CPAN module which just has a similar name. We should see
to get the SIP-Server modules into the repository.

> Then, trying to recompile the module, i got this error:
> sipserv1-root% make install
> Can't coerce array into hash at /opt/csw/share/perl/5.8.8/ExtUtils/
> Install.pm line 94.
> *** Error code 255
> The following command caused the error:
> /opt/csw/bin/perl -MExtUtils::Install -e 'install([ from_to =>
> {@ARGV}, verbose => '\''0'\'', uninstall_shadows => '\''0'\'',
> dir_mode => '\''755'\'' ]);' -- \
>        read /opt/csw/lib/perl/site_perl/auto/Net/Server/.packlist \
>        write /opt/csw/lib/perl/site_perl/auto/Net/Server/.packlist \
>        blib/lib /opt/csw/share/perl/site_perl \
>        blib/arch /opt/csw/lib/perl/site_perl \
>        blib/bin /usr/bin \
>        blib/script /usr/bin \
>        blib/man1 /opt/csw/share/man/man1 \
>        blib/man3 /opt/csw/share/man/man3
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `pure_site_install'

This issue was the result of a fix in Perl 5.8.8 we tried in the CSW
package:
The shipped 5.8.8 MakeMaker is too old for a lot of CPAN modules, so
we tried
updating it in CSWperl. Unfortunately as we found out later that
breaks other
CPAN modules. This ultimately lead to the major update to Perl 5.10.1
to finally
fix this. However, updating to 5.10.1 means for you recompiling all
binary
modules.