[csw-users] [csw-pkgrequests] package request

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Mon Mar 1 22:37:34 CET 2010

Hi Claus,

Am 01.03.2010 um 22:25 schrieb Claus Divossen:
> wow, that was quick. :) I will give it a try when I'm in the office
> tomorrow.
>
> We have started using OpenCSW just a few days ago as a base to roll
> out
> Puppet on our Solaris hosts.

Gary took quite some effort in Puppet and will be glad for some
real-world feedback.

> Today, I created a local mirror with the packages
> required for Puppet and it's dependencies, which makes installation
> really
> fast and very simple.

You are aware that there is a specific mode --stream in pkgutil which
downloads
all the dependencies you need and make a pkgstream out of it?

> Congratulations for this great software collection!

:-)

> > A testing package together with bindings for Perl and Python is
>
> Puppet is written in Ruby, so its Augeas integration would require
> the Ruby bindings... *hint* :)

I'll fwd' to our Ruby maintainer.
Ben: Would you mind giving it a try?
   <http://augeas.net/download/ruby/>