[csw-users] ap2modphp5 with apache mpm

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Sat Mar 6 13:42:02 CET 2010

Excerpts from José Manuel's message of Sat Mar 06 03:23:30 -0500 2010:

> this is a question mainly to Mike Watters, but if anybody else can
> answer I'd be thankful... :)

Mike is on sabbatical lately, so I don't expect you'll see an answer
from him.

> "Apache is running a threaded MPM, but your PHP Module is not compiled
> to be threadsafe.  You need to recompile PHP."

As far as I'm aware, the PHP folks have made no effort to make php
properly re-entrant, thus it won't work with anything but the prefork
mpm.  It's not a matter of compiling it with different options.  It's
a matter of the php authors cleaning it up to be thread safe.

TLDR; Stick with prefork if you want php.

HTH.
-Ben