[csw-users] GCC4 ld Warnings

Kapoor, Nitin Nitin.Kapoor at Sensis.com
Mon Apr 11 21:38:22 CEST 2011

OK. Installed Solaris 10 to start fresh and then installed GCC4. I did
not set LD_LIBRARY_PATH this time.
Updated $PATH to include /opt/csw/gcc4/bin

Then, I configured the source with the following command:-

./configure LDFLAGS=-R/opt/csw/gcc4/lib  ( I had to pass the LDFLAGS to
the configure script otherwise it was not able to locate libstdc++
libs.)
make

But I am still getting those warnings.

-----Original Message-----
From: users-bounces+nkapoor=sensis.com at lists.opencsw.org
[mailto:users-bounces+nkapoor=sensis.com at lists.opencsw.org] On Behalf Of
Ben Walton
Sent: Monday, April 11, 2011 9:26 AM
To: users
Subject: Re: [csw-users] GCC4 ld Warnings

Excerpts from Kapoor, Nitin's message of Mon Apr 11 09:21:31 -0400 2011:

Hi Nitin,

> So for example I am trying to compile xerces, xqilla, or Google
protobuf etc... etc...
> Step that I took to build were:
> MY LD_LIBRARY_PATH is set to /opt/csw/gcc4/lib

You shouldn't need to set this variable and it may be the cause of
your issue.  Pass -L /opt/csw/gcc4/lib and -R /opt/csw/gcc4/lib if gcc
isn't adding the required paths itself.

This may not be the whole story, but it won't be helping you.

Thanks
-Ben
--
Ben Walton