[csw-users] GCC4 ld Warnings

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Sun Apr 17 14:03:07 CEST 2011

Hi,
Am 17.04.2011 um 12:23 schrieb Maciej Bliziński:

> 2011/4/13 Kapoor, Nitin <Nitin.Kapoor at sensis.com>:
>> postdeps="-lstdc++ -lm -lgcc_s -lgcc_s"
>>
>> # The library search path used internally by the compiler when linking
>>
>> # a shared library.
>>
>> compiler_lib_search_path="-L/usr/local/lib/gcc/sparc-sun-solaris2.10/3.4.6
>> -L/usr/ccs/bin -L/usr/ccs/lib
>>
>>  -L/usr/local/lib/gcc/sparc-sun-solaris2.10/3.4.6/../../.."
>>
>> This libtool script gets created when I configure a package prior to
>> compile.
>>
>> In the script ( pasted above) there is a postdeps flags that seems to cause
>> problems. Any ideas on how to disable this ?
>
> This looks like a libtool-specific issue, can someone more
> knowledgeable in libtool chime in?

From my understanding the workflow is like this:
- compilation of libtool package with a specific compiler. This sets several
  configuration variables in the installed libtool
- A program foo uses libtool by "libtoolizing" which grabs scripts and configuration
  files from the installed libtool.
- When foo is compiled the libtool from the libtoolized version by upstream is
  used. When the upstream configuration of the compiler is too different from
  the configuration in the users configuration trying to compile foo problems
  like this occurs.

In the OpenCSW packages it is sometimes necessary to rebootstrap the libtool
configuration. You can peek at some of the methods at
  http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/gar/browser/csw/mgar/pkg/gobject-introspection/trunk/Makefile
  http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/gar/browser/csw/mgar/pkg/gettext/trunk/files/0002-Update-ltmain.sh-to-prevent-libtool-stripping-runpat.patch